|
||

Q&A: Jerron Seymour - The Vanderbilt Hustler: Sports

Q&A: Jerron Seymour

Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 11:27 pm | Updated: 11:55 pm, Wed Apr 10, 2013.

The Vanderbilt Hustler: You had a great freshman season. How tough was it to watch from the sidelines last year?

Jerron Seymour: I try not to look at that as a negative, I just look at it as a positive. I took a year to watch and learn from Zac Stacy, Wes Tate, all of the running backs that were playing that year — so I look at it as a learning year for me. I know the offense better, and I’m able to come to spring and know the offense better and just make plays.

VH: Zac Stacy is gone, but spring practice has shown that you, Brian Kimbrow and Tate are ready to step up. How strong is the running back corps?

JS: We’re pretty strong, but we’re only as strong as the O-line allows us to be. It’s a lot of pressure on the O-line, but I feel like those guys are growing together and they’re getting better every day at practice. As long as the O-line keeps working hard, it makes our job easier, and we will be as strong as the O-line allows us to be.

VH: How have you seen Kimbrow and Tate grow this past year?

JS: Man, I’ve seen them grow a lot. Tate is becoming the leader of the running back corps. We look up to him and follow his lead, and Kimbrow is becoming bigger, faster and stronger. He’s returning and learning the offense even better. He’s playing even faster on the field, and he’s already a blazer. He’s grown a lot in this past season. It’s great to see it happening like this.

VH: Where has the offense improved the most?

JS: Up front, we improved a lot. We got bigger in size up front, and the guys are just out there blocking everything, working their tails off all offseason. Like I said, we’ll just go as far as the O-line allows us to be great as an offensive unit. We just follow the big guys up front.

VH: Will anyone surprise us in the Black and Gold game?

JS: I’m excited to see. I want to be surprised myself, so we’ll just see on Saturday.