|
||

'Spring Break Safety Kits' provided to students - The Vanderbilt Hustler: Safety

'Spring Break Safety Kits' provided to students

Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:03 am | Updated: 12:19 am, Thu Feb 28, 2013.

As part of the Vanderbilt Office of Wellness Programs & Alcohol Education’s Safe Spring Break Week, students are being provided with Safe Spring Break Kits.

The kits include two condoms, a female condom, Vanderbilt Recovery Support sunglasses, organic lip balm, a “Let’s Talk About Sex, Vandy” card and brochures concerning drugs, alcohol and sexual awareness.

Kits will be available today from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Alumni Lawn at a DUI-simulation event and tomorrow from 12–1 p.m. in the Office of Wellness Programs & Alcohol Education.

Program Coordinator Katherine Drotos said the goal for the Safe Spring Break Week is to empower students to make healthier decision in regards to alcohol, other drugs and sexual encounters. According to Drotos, the kits have been wildly popular among students.

1 comment:

• kate jones posted at 4:54 pm on Mon, Mar 4, 2013.

kate jones Posts: 1

Hi there,

I would like to thank Vanderbilt Office of Wellness Programs & Alcohol Education’s for organizing and to providing the health kits to students. This will definitely help students to make healthier decision in regards to alcohol, other drugs and sexual encounters.

Wilmington NC Real Estate for Sale