|
||

Popular student night spot now off-limits, says Vanderbilt Athletics Department - The Vanderbilt Hustler: News

Dudley Field

Popular student night spot now off-limits, says Vanderbilt Athletics Department

Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:00 pm

The Vanderbilt Athletics department Wednesday notified student athletes that Tin Roof is now off-limits. Visiting the local student hot-spot will now be a violation of athletic department rules for athletes and will result in disciplinary action.

No word yet on whether this decision is related to the June 23 incident involving four former Vanderbilt football players currently under sex crimes investigation. InsideVandy contacted the Vanderbilt Athletics department Thursday at 1:00 p.m. for more information on this development and has not yet received a response.

Tin Roof was also the location of an altercation between two Vanderbilt football players earlier this year. Jacquese Kirk admitted to stabbing Justin Cabbagestalk with a pocket knife at Tin Roof on April 7. Charges were not filed in the incident.

Stay tuned to InsideVandy.com for more details as they become available. The Vanderbilt Hustler Editor-in-Chief André Rouillard contributed to this report.

1 comment:

• Sara Denver posted at 10:23 am on Thu, Aug 1, 2013.

AnnaBekinscale Posts: 3

Now this is a decision that was long awaited from the side of authorities. Only banning the Tin Roof is not going to curb these menaces. More and more rules must be imposed to keep the hooligans off the limits. music Instrument rent