|
||

Billy Joel, 'the Music man', is coming to Vanderbilt - The Vanderbilt Hustler: Music

Billy Joel, 'the Music man', is coming to Vanderbilt

Posted: Thursday, December 6, 2012 10:54 pm | Updated: 11:12 pm, Thu Dec 6, 2012.

From a Vanderbilt Programming Board Email: 

The Vanderbilt Programming Board along with the Music Group, Speakers Committee and The VenUe, will bring “Billy Joel:  An Evening of Questions and Answers and a Little Bit of Music,” to Vanderbilt University's Langford Auditorium, January 30th at 7:30 p.m.

Hit songs such as “Piano Man,” “Uptown Girl” and “We Didn’t Start the Fire” have made Joel one of the most well-known musicians in the U.S. and around the world.

Joel’s music career took off with the release of the world famous song “Piano Man” in 1973. Since then, he has become a six-time Grammy Award winner, including the Grammy Legend Award, been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, has received the Billboard Century Award and even has a park named after him in his hometown.

Joel’s songs topped the charts in the 1970s and 1980s, but have not been limited to reaching people in those decades and have touched millions over the years. According to Joel, his songs “meant something during the time in which I lived…and transcended that time.”

Joel will share with Vanderbilt students, faculty and staff details of his life and career, and will perform just a few of his greatest works.

This event is only for the Vanderbilt Community and doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and admission is $15 for students and $30 for Faculty/Staff.  Tickets will go on sale Friday, December 7th at 10:00 a.m. at the Sarratt Box Office. 

Vanderbilt students/faculty/staff must have a valid ID in order to purchase tickets.  There is a limit of two tickets per student/faculty/staff and an ID must be presented at the door when entering the event.  Tickets will only be available at the Sarratt Box Office. No cameras or recording equipment will be allowed during the event.

1 comment: